- New guarantee promises minimum download speeds of 20Mbps in every room or £100 back
- The guarantee will be included at no extra cost in Gig 1 broadband and Volt bundles, or for £8 a month with M50-M500 packages
- The newly updated Connect app enables customers to monitor their broadband speeds and improve in-home connectivity
- WATCH: find out more about Virgin Media’s WiFi guarantee and the Connect app
- Download product imagery HERE and find the link to the product HERE
Virgin Media O2 is today announcing the UK’s fastest WiFi guarantee from a major broadband provider, promising customers minimum download speeds of 20Mbps in every room of their home or £100 credit back.
Offering broadband download speeds 22 times faster than the national average, Virgin Media’s unrivalled connectivity means everyone in the household can work, game and stream simultaneously, and now with the introduction of its WiFi guarantee, customers’ connectivity needs are covered – even in the hardest to reach areas of the home.
Unlike other providers, by promising minimum download speeds twice as fast as the next quickest WiFi guarantee available, if Virgin Media customers can’t stream Netflix and YouTube content in glorious UHD or 4K* in every room due to poor WiFi speeds below 20Mbps, they’ll be offered up to three mesh WiFi pods to help improve their connectivity or £100 credit back if the pods don’t help.
Virgin Media’s market-leading WiFi guarantee will be included at no extra cost in Gig 1 broadband and all Volt bundles, offering customers even more value and reassurance. Customers who are currently on M50 to M500 Fibre packages (without Volt) can add the guarantee for £8 a month.
Virgin Media has also revamped its Connect app with enhanced features so customers have more control over their connectivity. With the newly refreshed app, customers can test the strength of their WiFi room-to-room with the immersive ‘home scan’ functionality, manage devices that are connected to their home network – including pausing a WiFi connection to individual devices – and access in-app customer support should they need help resolving any problems.
Virgin Media customers who have a Hub 3, Hub 4 or Hub 5 can all access the newly updated Connect app features including:
- A new home scan capability so customers can test WiFi performance around the home, room by room, as well as testing speeds to the hub
- The ability to manage WiFi Pods including checking signal strength and which devices are connected to each pod
- The power to pause WiFi on individual devices – ideal for families who prefer a device free dinner
- Access to in-app customer support 7 days a week
- The option to reboot their Hub directly via the app
- The capacity to share their WiFi password with guests in one simple tap
Jeff Dodds, Chief Operating Officer at Virgin Media O2, said:
“Delivering fast and reliable broadband is at the heart of our business. We know how important seamless connectivity is, and as our customers’ needs evolve beyond just speed, we’ll continue to enhance our products and services to ensure we meet those needs. That’s why we’re investing to improve our Connect app and have today launched our market-leading WiFi guarantee so our customers can work, play and stream safe in the knowledge their connectivity needs are covered.”
Virgin Media’s new WiFi guarantee goes hand-in-hand with its self-optimising hubs and signal boosting mesh WiFi Pods to offer customers complete peace of mind that they’ll get reliable WiFi in every room or money back.”
– END –
Notes to editors:
- £100 credit is a one-off gesture within the customer’s minimum contract term
- 22x faster: Virgin Media Gig1 Fibre Broadband (avg 1,130Mbps) vs UK average speed 8-10pm (49.9Mbps), based on Ofcom UK Home Broadband Performance Report, measurement period March 2021. Virgin fibre areas only. Correct at date of publication. Legal stuff applies.
- *Virgin Media offers the UK’s fastest WiFi guarantee of any major provider. Minimum of 20Mbps in every room compared to Sky Broadband WiFi guarantee (minimum of 3Mbps), TalkTalk and Vodafone WiFi guarantee (minimum of 10Mbps)
- *The recommended internet download speeds for streaming YouTube content in 4K/Ultra HD (UHD) is 20Mbps (Source: System requirements – YouTube Help (google.com))*
- *The recommended internet download speeds for streaming Netflix playing TV shows and movies in 4K/Ultra HD (UHD) is 15 Mbps (Source: Internet connection speed recommendations (netflix.com))
- WiFi Max is Virgin Media’s enhanced connectivity offering that brings together its new WiFi guarantee as well as its smart hubs (Hub 3, Hub 4 and Hub 5), mesh WiFi pods (if needed) and Intelligent WiFi to offer customers a comprehensive and reliable connectivity package
- Intelligent WiFi channel optimisation tech helps keep gadgets out of traffic jams which can lead to buffering and slowing down. By using extra GHz channels, Intelligent WiFi moves the gadget to a quieter WiFi lane
|Bundle||WiFi guarantee with WiFi Max inclusion|
No extra cost
|M50 (without Volt)
M100 (without Volt)
M200 (without Volt)
M350 (without Volt)
M500 (without Volt)
£8 per month
The post Virgin Media O2 Introduces UK’s Fastest WiFi Guarantee In Every Room Or Money Back appeared first on Virgin Media O2.
Source: O2 Blog