From setting reminders to check the last post dates to buying panto tickets or looking for Elf on the Shelf ideas – your phone’s essential when it comes to festive prep.
Running out of battery isn’t an option. You need your phone to be fighting fit during the festive period – how else are you going to capture your little angel saying their first lines in the school nativity? Missing the chance to record that gem doesn’t bear thinking about.
And what about those last-minute gifts you think of when you’re on your lunch break? With a fully powered up phone, they can be on their way to you with just a few taps. With a phone that’s out of juice, you’ll have to sneakily try to order them on your work PC – not ideal.
So, to keep your phone powered up and your Christmas prep going smoothly, here’s some battery saving tips. There’s a treat from us in there too, keep reading to find out more.
Turn down screen brightness
Seems pretty simple but turning down your screen brightness can save you some valuable battery power.
Switch off mobile data
Not completely – just for the apps you’re not using. This will save you a big chunk of battery life.
Switch off automatic updates
Like turning of mobile data, switching off automatic app updates for the stuff you’re not using can help save power.
A portable charger or battery pack gives you the extra power you need, wherever you are. Keep one in your bag or in your pocket and you’ll never be caught short.
We’d recommend picking one that will give your phone at least one full charge. You can check this by dividing the charger’s mAh rating by your phone’s battery capacity.
Fancy a free portable charger?
In the spirit of giving, we’ve got a treat for you. We’re giving 2 lucky people the chance to win a Mophie Powerstation XXL.
Packed with more power than ever, the Powerstation XXL gives you enough fuel to charge up your phone over 7 times.
It has 3 USB-A ports too because with all that power, it would be rude not to share.
And 9 lucky runners up will win a Mophie Powerstation Mini.
This 3,000mAh battery will keep your phone powered up and ready for Christmas shopping action. The slim design makes it perfect to keep in your bag or pocket too.
To be in with a chance of winning one of these awesome prizes, enter your details on the entry form by 23:59 tonight. Winners will be drawn on 5 December 2019 – good luck everyone!
Want to know more? Check out the full terms for this prize draw.
Power up your Christmas Prize Draw /terms & Conditions – December 2019
These terms and conditions are the rules which apply to this Prize Draw. By submitting an entry, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Power up your Christmas (“Prize Draw”) is organised by Hutchison 3G UK Limited of Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 1EH (“Three” or “We”). The Prizes are (as defined at paragraph 6 below) administered and provided by Three.
- The Prize Draw opens on at 00.01 on 4 December 2019 and closes at 23.59 on 4 December 2019.
- To be eligible to enter the Prize Draw entrants must be over 18 years of age and a UK resident (“Eligible Entrants”). Entrants may be required to provide photographic ID to prove their eligibility. This Prize Draw is not open to employees of Three, its agents, contractors, consultants, or anyone professionally connected with the Prize Draw.
- To enter the Prize Draw, Eligible Entrants must enter their details online at co.uk/xmasgiveaway and complete the entry form provided. Personal details including name, telephone number and email address will be captured (“Qualifying Entries”).
- The following rules shall also apply to the Prize Draw:
- Only one entry per Eligible Entrant will be considered by Three and entered into the Prize Draw. Multiple entries will render all entries made by that person void.
- Late entries will not be taken into consideration in winner selection.
- Each entrant warrants that all information submitted by them is true, accurate and complete and Three is not responsible for any information which is invalid or incomplete.
- Three reserves the right to exclude and/or disqualify any entry which it deems, in its sole and absolute discretion: (i) to be offensive or inappropriate; (ii) fails to comply with these terms and conditions; and/or (iii) to be contrary to the spirit or intention of the Prize Draw.
- 2 winners will each receive a Mophie Powerstation XXL and 9 winners will each receive a Mophie Powerstation Mini (together “Prizes“). Only one Prize per winner will be awarded. Prize allocation remains at Three’s sole and absolute discretion.
Selection of winners
- The winners will be randomly selected by a randomised computer process from all Qualifying Entries on 5 December 2019. The decision will be final and Three will not enter into any correspondence.
Contacting the winners
- Reasonable efforts will be made by Three to contact the winners of each Prize via email by 5 December 2019. Eligible Entrants should check their junk mail messages between 5 December 2019 and 8 December 2019 and Three shall not be responsible in the event a winner does not claim the Prize because they have failed to do so. If the winners of the Prizes cannot be successfully contacted, do not claim the Prizes within 72 hours of notification (by responding to Three), or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Three reserves the right to offer the relevant Prizes to another Eligible Entrant (who will be selected in the same manner described in paragraph 7). Failure to respond or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the Prizes.
Redeeming your Prize
- The winners of the Prizes will be required to provide a valid UK postal address to receive their Prize. The winners may also be required to submit additional valid identification before receiving the Prize. Acceptable forms of identification remain at Three’s sole and absolute discretion. Each winner warrants that all information submitted by them is true, accurate and complete and Three is not responsible for any information which is invalid or incomplete, including any contact details. Three shall use reasonable endeavours, subject to these terms and conditions, to fulfil the Prize as soon as reasonably possible after the winners have claimed it and confirmed their correct postal address.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable. No cash alternatives will be offered. Three reserves the right at any time to substitute the Prize for an alternative prize of similar or greater value where circumstances beyond our control makes it necessary to do so. Further, we reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions (including altering the Prize) at any time without notice by updating these terms and conditions and publishing them at three.co.uk/terms. No communications will be entered into by Three regarding this. This Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Each winner of the Prize agrees to cooperate with any reasonable requests made by Three relating to any post-winning promotional activity (such as including their first name and entry being used in any, and all, Three marketing activity across all media). Three is required to publish or make available information to show that a valid award took place under this Prize Draw. To comply with this Three will send the surname and county of major prize winners (and, if applicable, copies of their winning entries) to any person who writes to Head of Legal – MMIP, Hutchison 3G UK Ltd, Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1EH (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month of the closing date stated in paragraph 2. If you enter this Prize Draw and object to any or all of these details being published or made available, please contact Three’s Head of Legal – MMIP, as above. In such circumstances, Three must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority if requested.
- This Prize Draw is in no way endorsed by, sponsored by, associated with or administered by any third parties.
- All third-party terms and conditions relating to the Prize Draw or the Prize itself are beyond our control. Three cannot accept responsibility and will not be liable for any failures to abide by any or all third-party terms applying to the Prize.
- Three cannot accept responsibility for entries lost, corrupted, or delayed in transmission or for the failure by any winner to check their emails (including junk folder) or voice messages. Under no circumstances will Three (or its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies) be liable (unless such liability cannot be lawfully excluded) for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the Prize Draw or the Prize (or any aspects of them), and Three excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage caused to a winner of the Prize arising out of or connected to the Prize or this Prize Draw. Statutory rights are not affected.
- Entry into the Prize Draw signifies your acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms are governed by English law.
Source: Three Mobile Hub